You can return anytime back to your course main page by clicking here
By the end of this course learners will:
• Have knowledge of basic health and safety procedures.
• Understand the responsibilities of employers and employees under health and safety legislation.
• Understand the importance of undertaking a risk assessment to prevent and control hazards.
• Know how to follow the correct safety procedures in the workplace.
• Understand the hazards and ill-health effects associated with specific work activities and processes.
Topics to be covered
The topics covered in this section are:
• Benefits of health and safety
• Common workplace accidents
• Factors that impact on health and safety
• The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
• The Health and Safety Executive
• Health hazards
• Personal protective equipment
• RIDDOR 2013